Tuesday, October 9, 2007

Part 2 - Interview with Jan White, first place winner of 2006 Amy Award

Dianne: How did you come to know about the Amy Writing Awards?

JW: In 1994 I had the opportunity to attend the Florida Christian Writers' Conference where Jim Russell, who established the Amy Foundation, was speaking. In his workshop, he challenged Christians to write Op-Ed articles and letters to the editor--the most read pages in publications. At the conference, the booklet of Amy Writing Award winners and information on entering the contest was available.

Dianne: How long have you been submitting an entry to the Amy Awards?

JW: I've been submitting an entry to the Amy Writing Awards for at least ten years. This year I questioned whether I should send in a submission because I knew, once again, that the competition would be tough. I'm glad I didn't give up.

Coming next: How did you get a weekly column in the Andalusia Star-News?

No comments: