Monday, October 22, 2007

Part 6 - Interview with Jan White, first place winner of 2006 Amy Award

Dianne: Do you ever get responses to your column from readers?

JW: Yes, living in a small town where people really get to know each other, I often have someone comment on a column when I'm in the grocery store, the post office, or at church.

Dianne: I imagine positive responses can be a great encouragement. Do you have any great behind-the-scenes stories of your writing making a difference in our nation or in one person's life?

JW: I recall a lady telling me how she was going through a struggle in her life. During that time, I wrote a column about hope. She said she needed to hear words of hope to help her make it through that tough time. Positive comments are encouraging, but also humbling because they remind me of my responsibility as a writer to seek God for inspiration and strive for excellence in my writing. He deserves my best.

Coming next: If you get negative responses at times, how do you handle that? Do you find it discouraging?

No comments: