Friday, October 26, 2007

Part 7 - Interview with Jan White, first place winner of 2006 Amy Award

Dianne: If you get negative responses at times, how do you handle that? Do you find it discouraging? What do you do with that discouragement?

JW: I've seldom heard a negative comment, but if I do I consider their point. I strive to quote people and facts accurately, so a negative comment would typically be from a person who may disagree with my viewpoint. I believe, like Mr. Russell, the power of the printed Word of God according to the promise of Isaiah 55:11 [where God said], "It shall not return unto Me void. But it shall accomplish what I please, and it shall prosper in the thing for which I sent it."

Jim Russell stressed writing the truth in love, concisely and accurately, while including a verse of Scripture. Whether or not a reader understands or agrees with my words, God's Word will accomplish what He intends.

Dianne: As a Christian, what challenges, fears setbacks, and/or disappointments have you experienced while working in this field?

JW: The challenge is coming up with an idea and writing a meaningful column week after week through the years.

Coming next: What do you see for your future?

No comments: